Monday, February 06, 2012

Spring in February with a Begonia & Metallics

Hello !    I hope everyone is doing well.   We had a beautiful 'Spring in February' day today.. very unusual here in mid winter.    There is hardly any snow, it was 7 Celsius with lots of sunshine... I have a little spring fever !

I'm posting another card that I created for Designs by Ryn.    This one is a different colour combination and a little 'Spring-like' !    The colours in the photo are lighter than the actual card.      I used Begonia CM-F2 and again the Leafy Branch CM-F15 for this card.  The sentiment is by Impression Obsession - B3552 Just a Note. 
 



I created the background with Snickerdoodle, Banana Custard & Kiwi Smooch Inks.   The colour names can make you hungry !   I've been using Smooch Inks on backgrounds for a couple of years and with the exception of one colour, I'm still using the same little bottles.. they seem bottomless !   I stamped the Leafy Branch with ColourBox-Metale Xtra - Platinum ink onto the background.

I used Metallic Bronze EP for the Begonia which is a mixture of copper, silver & gold... love it !    I coloured the flower by blending Smooch Inks and a little highlight with Tombow markers.    I stamped the flower twice to pop up a 3D layer and added tiny copper beads with Glossy Accents in the center. 

I used Platinum metallic card stock with the branch dies by Marian Design - Creatables LR0150.   I had some wide copper ribbon in my stash and then layered it all on Platinum and Mango card stock.



To create Backgrounds with Smooch Inks:  Start with white card stock and cover with Versa Mark Ink.  Using a Colourbox blending tool & black moldable tip, start by adding the lightest colour first and blend out quickly.   Continue adding colours as desired.      It's fun to experiment with different colour combinations and the tip cleans up easily with baby wipes. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day !
Shirley

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job Shirley, very nice job on the cards.....

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card Shirley, I love your backgrounds and this one is lovely. I don't have Smooch inks, but I do have Silkies which I think might be similer, I will dig them out later and have a go.

Sue x

Miranda said...

Hi Shirley, a beautiful 'fruity' card, like those colour names! Well the weather here is still very cold, about 8 degrees below zero.....brrrr, warm greetz Miranda

Ellen Taylor said...

Do you get tired of me saying "FABULOUS BACKGROUND"? Hope not because here it comes again...Fabulous background Shirley! Love the muted tones. I will have to try that with versamark. Beautiful card!

Ted and Helen Howard said...

Wow Shirley,
I never get tried of looking at the beautiful cards you create.Each one is a work of art and can hardly wait to see what you come up with next.
Hugs
Helen

Donna Ellis said...

Oh My! What exquisite layering and beautiful colors. The hues look amazing together! It's an elegant card, Shirley. Thanks for sharing your masterpieces!

Julia said...

Beautiful Card ! Love the colours !