Monday, June 04, 2012

Silver Anniversary

Good afternoon Crafters !

I hope you had a great weekend.   My husband Jim & I celebrated our 25th Anniversary (a little late) on Saturday with friends.

It's amazing & scary how time flies by.   It makes us realise that we need to treasure each day.   I think it's funny now that I thought I was an 'old' bride at 32 and I would be 'really old' when we reached this milestone.  OK I'm an older lady yes, but 57 isn't as old as I thought it would be :)   My hubby is still working hard at 63 !   We brought out our wedding photos and we certainly looked much younger back then !     I feel that as long we are enjoying life we are not old.   Of coarse life gives us both ups & downs, and we've had our share of both, but we feel grateful for everything that we have. 

So today I thought I would post a couple of Anniversary cards.  


I made this card while playing with the 'stamp-kissing' technique.  I was inspired by work created by Miranda at  Miracle art Inspirations.    I used the same Impression Obsession stamps - Solid Oval F6193 and Cover a Card Pine CC030,  that she used on her card which you can see on her post here When Stamps Kiss.

I need to use my IO Solid & Cover a Card stamps more.  I am lucky to own many CAC stamps, they are great to work with.     The two birds are also from Impression Obsession - D8193.  

I used Versamagic Magnolia Bud Chalk Ink on the Solid Oval stamp and then used Boysenberry Pigment Ink to edge the Oval.  I stamped-kissed with the Pine Cover a Card and then stamped the 'kissed' oval onto smooth white card stock.  Next I stamped (the normal way) the birds with Boysenberry Ink over the Oval.  The sentiment is from Kaisercraft CS916 Occasions.

I added the border die cut (using Spellbinder S5-034 set), gold ribbon and layered as show.  Below is a close up of the stamp kissing.

 

This next card is very similar to one I posted previously using Designs by Ryn  CM-F16 Vine Heart and is the card that I gave to Jim.


The Vine Heart was stamped onto Vellum, turned over, placed on a pad and embossed with a stylus.  I created the background with Tom Bow markers, water and large flat brush.  I added Starform Silver Border & Corner stickers and a little 25 for extra silver !

And here we are with the tasty cake one of our friends baked for us and the long-stemmed roses Jim surprised me with.  



Well that's all for today !   I hope to be back later in the week with a card for Impression Obsession's Seaside Challenge.   More fishies .....

Thanks for your visits & comments, they are always appreciated and have a great day !
Shirley

18 comments:

Miranda said...

Hi Shirley and Jim, congrats with your 25th anniversary!And of course I wish you many years in love and good health As I can see you had a great day and you both look great on the photo!Your cards are lovely and always nice to be an inspiration!Thanks for mentioning me again, warm greet Mirandax

Creations by Shirl said...

Oh my Shirley - Happy Anniversary to you both and many more years ahead... Don't you two look so picture perfect on that photo... Looks like you both had an awesome time on your special day... That cake looks yummy and the roses are pretty.... love your cards both so pretty...
Enjoy your day~

Jeanette said...

Hi Shirley and Jim, congratulations on your 25th, many happy years to come , really enjoy all your cards and inspiration as always,

Ellen Taylor said...

What a great looking couple you two are! Happy 25th! Kudos to you both! So happy your dh still is romantic enough to bring you roses after 25 years!! Love both your cards Shirley! One just can`t have to many IO CAC`s!! Your bird card is so soft and romantic and the second one is soo elegant! have an awesome week gf!!

Shannon White said...

Aww, So Wonderful! A Very Happy Anniversary to you guys! Wowie! 25years! Thats just Fantastic! 8-) So glad you had a lovely celebration! Your cards are So pretty! Just so Lovely and Elegant! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Anneke van Groen said...

Ooohh congratulation Shirl and Jim....
The cake and flowers look awsome. And ofcourse no words for your cards!!! Stunning as always.
Big hugs for you and Jim xxxxxxxxxxxx

Sophie said...

Hallo, liebe Shirley, herzlichen Glückwunsch noch nachträglich.
Ihr seht beide so jung und glücklich aus.
Es ist schön anzusehen.
Und ich wünsche euch beiden noch viele glückliche Jahre zusammen.

Eine leckere Torte...hmm, die hätte ich jetzt auch gerne :-)

Liebe Grüße und Umarmungen

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Dear Shirley and Jim. Congrats with your 25th wedding anniversary. that's great.I wish you yet many many years together in good health and happiness. great picture of you both Shirley and what a beautiful roses.
Your card with the birds is so lovely. Stunning as all your work.
my love and a big hug
Marja

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

WOW congrats to 25th anniversary!I wish youboth a lots of years in love and health. As I can see you had a great day and your photo shows a happy couple!Flowers and cake look fantastic too, also your beautiful cards.
Hugs Anja

maria's knutselplezier said...

I olso want to wish you a great 25th anniversary,you both look very happy on the foto, after 25 years you are very lucky, and I hope you will have still a long time together, up to the 50the anniversery I should say!!!

Your card is very beautifull and so are the roses that you have got!!!

Greetings
Maria

craftystamper said...

Congratulations on your 25th. A milestone that's for sure.

Ryn Tanaka said...

Thanks for sharing Shirley :) I'm very happy for you both! You look so happy together. Congratulations!

cparsons said...

Happy Anniversary Shirley:) I love the cards:) You know, I sure wish we lived closer, I'd love to get together and stamp with you:)

Ted and Helen Howard said...

Hi Shirley,

Congratulations and Hugs on your 25th anniversary.Your cards show the love you have for your hubby and love the roses.Keep dancing and love your smiles.
Helen

G Peplow said...

Happy Anniversary to you both, what a great cake:0) Love both your cards but your embossed heart is just stunning, well done, Gay xxx

Darnell said...

Congratulations on 25 years! Also, could you email the info for the company which provides you and Jim with youth serum? You look 37, not 57. The stuff I tried made me look 61 instead of 62 and I'd like to have what your having. Thank you.

Okay, seriously, your cards are really stunning and adorable and so are you and so is the cake and so are the roses. Wishing you many more!

Jenny Gropp said...

Congrats on 25! That's wonderful! We just celebrated ten years.... Amazing how time flies. Love the simple elegance and color combo on the silver heart card.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Happy (belated) Silver Wedding Anniversary Shirley - I am so sorry I missed this Post. You both look very happy, and far too young to be celebrating 25 years of marriage! Here's to many more happy years together!
Love to you both - Sylvia xx
PS: The cards are gorgeous BTW!