Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Fantasy Trees & Award

Hello everyone, I hope your week is going well.

I was honoured this week by Zoe at Zoeblingcards with the Liebster Blog Award.   If you have a chance, please visit Zoe's Blog to check out her beautiful creations.      This is the fifth time I've received this award & I'm thrilled that fellow bloggers have chosen me.    The idea behind this award to pass it on to 5 other blogs that you enjoy visiting & who have less than 200 followers.      I've already passed it on so I cannot chose again, it's too difficult. 

I would like to welcome the new followers and visitors that stop by.   Blogging would not be so much fun without you, thank you for your support.

I have several cards today using stamps from the Fantasy Woodland set by Chocolate Baroque.    I used different images & techniques for each one.   There are so many wonderful images in this set and I've had fun 'playing' with them.

This first card is a mixed media design and I've joined into the "Use Stamps" Challenge over at Addicted to Stamps & More.

  

I used Dylusions Inks (red & purple) to create the background on the  card above.  I also used Acrylic paints, Modelling Creme & Stickles with TCW Circle Explosion & Dylusions Luscious Leaves Stencils.  The tree is from Fantasy Woodland which I stamped with black Stazon. 



I got my Pan Pastels out which blend so beautifully for this next card.  


I  blended the Pan Pastels to create the 'mood' behind the trees.   I also added a little design with TCW's Mini Solace stencil and Distress Ink.     I stamped the delicate trees from the Fantasy Woodland set along with the quote from  Words of Inspiration (an awesome little set) with black Versafine Ink.



And for the card below I've changed up the colour combination and used Smooch Inks.



The background was created using Pool, Lime & Ocean Smooch Inks.    For a description of the technique please see my blog post here.     I embossed one of the small trees from Fantasy Woodland with gold to create leaves in the background.   The main tree image was also embossed with gold & I blended Smooch ink to colour.    I embossed a 2nd one to decoupage.   The die cut is Spellbinder S5-062 and the small piece under the Owl charm is S5-063.

The photo does not do the Owl charm justice, he has lots of bling that it hard to see. 


Well that's all for today !
Thanks again for stopping by,
Shirley

34 comments:

maria's knutselplezier said...

Waw Shirley again thee wonderful creations, I really love how you play with your colours, all tree are so rich and beautiful I really like the images too!!!

Greetings and have a wonderful week!!

Maria

froebelsternchen said...

Shirley!!!!!
I love your tree compositions... stunning - artsy - brilliant!
I also love this soft butterfly-card from the other post!
Have a good day!
xxx Susi

chrissie said...

The cards are all stunning. Your gold embossing on the third one is amazing

Love Chrissie xx

Patricia said...

WOW BEAUTIFULL cards!!!!
GREAT colours.
Greetz Patricia

Gerrina said...

Three stunning cards, each with a fine radiance by the beautiful colourcombies you made! Love them all but the second is my fav. Have a great creative day , warm greetings, Gerrina

Diane said...

What a beautiful array of very different cards...each one so unique from the other.....you make me want to get a bit of "my" mixed media supplies out!!!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

WOW shirley what a gorgeous collection of amazing cards. Specially I love the last unique incredible beautiful design. You are a very inspiring artist.
Have a great day,
xox Anja

Anonymous said...

Oh my! These are all wonderful Shirley. Doesn't the embossing work well on the trees. TFS.
Regards Florence x

Janny's Cards Creations said...

Beautiful cards. You inspire me to make more cards with different techniques. Greetings Janny

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Three beautiful cards Shirley, and all so different. I love the small trees used as leaves on the bottom card, they look just like skeleton leaves, and the colours make me think of spring. The top two have a more summery feeling to them.

Sue x

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

You've been quite busy Shirley, great cards, so different! The first one is my favorite, love the colours!!!

Have a nice day, Alie :-)

Felicie said...

They are absolutely beautiful.I love all of them.
Greetings
Felicie

Donna Ellis said...

It's a magical forest! Wow, Shirley, you have been BUSY! Each card is gorgeous in its uniqueness, yet in its Shirley-Signature-Finest! The colors look amazing. If I must choose one, I'd like the one with the gold EP and leave background. Because of the golden glow coming from within the trees. But the other two cards are magnificent, too! So pretty!

Paula (PEP) said...

It's hard to know where to start with these. I'll start with my favourite which is the final one - the glow behind the principal image is stunning in the way it echoes the gold stamped leaves of the background & having decoupaged the trees really makes that glow even more striking. Your use of aquas & green is also striking & I like the way you layered the little die-cut your owl sits on exactly onto the point of horizontal die-cut border beneath it.
Your moody background is beatufiul in the middle sample & I particularly like your way of adding interest using the stencils. Your shading of the sun adds beautiful emphasis to the trees too.
In the first it's thew ay you have used the Dylusions stencil to create the leaf border echoing the leaves of the tree's branches that strikes me. The circular pattern gives a hint of rainfall too or even falling leaves - let the imagination decide according to mood.
Congratulations on your award too.
Paula (PEP)

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow Wow Wow Shirley~
Just all so beautifully done~

Janny Jager said...

Great cards Shirley.
BEautiful colors and detaisl yu used on them.
Love them all.
Greetings Janny

Eileen said...

Oooooo lovely,lovely lovely cards Shirley .. so much attention to detail .
I really admire your style and Talent..
I'm well and busy! I hope you are too!
Eileen xxx

Sue said...

Totally stunning cards Shirley ohh yes!!! huggles hun Sue J xxx

Bärbel said...

Shirley, Ihre Karten sind wieder so wunderschön gestaltet, die Farben eine Inspiration für die Sinne, mir gefallen alle drei Karten!
Liebe Grüße.

ALIX said...

You're an artist shirley, those creations are really wonderfull !
My favorite is the 2nd one, but the others are also very beautifull !
Gr,alix

Karin said...

gorgeous cards, i love the last one, great colors! Have a nice evening!
Greetings Karin

Pauline Butcher said...

Beautiful cards, and fabulous colours, I am now following you, so I'll look forward to popping in again. Hugs P xxx

Greta said...

Such lovely inking on these beautiful cards!

Loll said...

Three beautiful cards. Fabulous techniques and designs for each one. Especially love the bold color combo of red and purple - awesome! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps & More. Loll

Darnell said...

You crack me up ending such a whollopalooza post with "Well, that's all for today." Too funny. We couldn't stand much more dazzling than what you gave us here! Just fabtastic beyond words, Shirley!!

Nan G said...

Wow oh wow! Fab backgrounds! Love the embossed card ...my fave.

Kylie said...

What a beautiful set of card! Just amazing!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATSM! xx

Anonymous said...

With my other hat on: Thank you so much for playing along with the Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge this week Shirley. Sorry, I didn't see that you had entered this in the challenge on my previous visit. Eye sight is going!
Crafty hugs, Florence x

Saakje said...

Hi Shirley,
Beautiful, beautiful cards with this well choosen colors!!!
Again, you designed so wonderful It must have keep you busy hé.
That trees from the woodland stamp are so delicate.
And you used this very nice.
In my dreams I have all the stamps from C.B.
"Lieve groetjes" Saakje

Marn said...

Hi Shirley! WOW these are just fabulous cards!! Truly beautiful and excellent excellent colors! Love the designs, the trees are so neat and interesting, so artistic! I love the techniques you used on all three cards as well, and great backgrounds! All three cards are truly beautiful! LOVE the little owl on the third card! Very nice touch!
Warm greetings, Marlene :)

Sophie said...

Super-super-schöne Karten mit wunderbaren Hintergründen.

mary said...

Very pretty cards and creations you have here. Wow.
I'm blown away with all of the many designs you have done. ;)

Hugs, Mary S.
http://doodlepopdigis.wordpress.com

Colleen Dietrich said...

Hi Shirley! You have lofs of beauty to show today. I like the silvery stenciled leaves on the first one. My how they gleam! The golden gingko leaf tree is so beautiful too!
Congrats on your award. :)

Danielle Vincent said...

Three beautiful cards! I think the first one is my favorite although there was something to love about each of them. Thanks for sharing with us this week at ATS&M.