Monday, July 28, 2014

New Stencils by Designs by Ryn !

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well.

I love to use stencils when creating backgrounds so I'm quite pleased that Designs by Ryn now has a Stencil Line to compliment her unique Artistic Stamps.  

I have several cards to show today featuring the new Floral Spirals stencil.   In the first design below I also used Ryn's Spiral Shell stamp.


The background on the card above was created with spraying Dylusions inks and blending Distress Inks with TCW Circle Explosion and Coral stencils over top.   I used Design by Ryn's Floral Spirals stencil with Mother of Pearl Viva Modelling Cream.  (Note if you use this cream on a stencil, you need to wash it immediately as it dries very fast).      I embossed Spiral Shell with gold, painted and decoupaged over the design.  The sentiment is from Impression Obsession.


Next I used Ryn's African Daisy and Trickling Water Set stamps with the Floral Spirals stencil.


The background above was created with Distress Ink using the Acrylic block technique and when dry I added white Gesso over top with the Floral Spiral stencil.  I stamped the flowers, sentiment & trickling water with Cobalt Archival ink.  I used Tombow markers to paint the Daisies and decoupaged over the background.    The sentiment is by Impression Obsession.

And finally I have one more design using the stencil with a third technique.  First here is the background:

This background above was created by taking the stencil after it was sprayed over another design.  I turned it over onto water colour paper.    After it was dry I blended Distress Ink over top (the light colour).   The result is a 'watery effect'.


I saw the watery background as waves and decided to create a 'sea scene'.   I over stamped with Ryn's Spiral Branch and coloured with Gelly Roll pens.   I stamped Betta fish on separate cardstock, painted with Tombow markers and highlighted with Gelly roll pens and decoupaged over the background.   'Best Wishes' is from Chocolate Baroque's Mackintosh Sentiments.


Well that's all for today.  Thanks for visiting and take care,
Shirley

24 comments:

Ryn Tanaka said...

Hey Shirley, I'm just getting everything together for the release at 9:00AM. These cards are beautiful! I loved seeing the new stencil used in such different techniques. Thanks so much :) Big hugs!!!

~*~Patty S said...

Happy Monday Shirley...
such beautiful creations you are sharing again today...
the colors are all scrumptious and lucky you getting to play with brand new stencils...
the shell swirl looks extra wonderful embossed...
each card is so lovely!
oxo

Karin said...

wow fabulous cards, love your use of the stencils and the colors are awesome as ever! Have a nice week!
Groetjes Karin x

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Great stencils and you've made a lovely card with it Shirley..
greetings, Alie :-)

Pat said...

Wow! These are all so beautiful Shirley. I love the use of the modelling cream in the first one and then those African Daisies and the water stamps go beautifully with that Peacock Blue ink and then the third one which I think is my favourite with the lovely fish beautiful framed with the foliage and the pink pearl effect with the gelly roll pen. Such a pretty stencil and very versatile. x

Sue said...

Stunning cards Shirley!!!!! huggles Sue xx

Valerie-Jael said...

They are all gorgeous, love the wonderful colours, too. Hugs, Valerie

Felicie said...

They are absolutely beautiful Shirley.I like all of it.
Greetings
Felicie

Wendy said...

I love all the different ways you have used this lovely stencil, fabulous cards! Xxxx

Darnell said...

I'm always gobsmacked when you have just one card to share with us, Shirley, let alone an array! It's like paradise scrolling through your blog and seeing all the cards I've been missing while I've been busy with non-bloggy schtuff. All I can do is thank you! This is my go-to place for inspiration if the mojojuice has dried up and the hamster is downtown with his friends!! Have a great week! Hugs, Darnell

Amanda said...

Shirley a stunning trio showcasing Ryns new stencils. Love them all!!
Love
Amanda x

Riannerizanti.blogspot.nl said...

die stensels heb je heel mooi verwerkt heel mooie kaartjes.
liefs Rianne

Crafting Queen said...

Wow,stunning cards. Just adore your backgrounds. Hope Archie and Sheena are well. Skipper is doing better. :)

Little Artbee said...

What a lot of amazing little artworks dear Shirley. The new stencil you used very good. My favourite is the first card with the wonderful sea snails houses, so lovely coloured.
Dear Greetings
Sabine

Margik said...

What gorgeous cards Shirley! Stunning colours and great use of stencils.
Mar xx

chrissie said...

Stunning cards and I love the way you have used the stencils.

Chrissie x

Annette P.-L. said...

All three cards are absolutely gorgeous! The new stencil has wonderful shapes ... great possibilies!

Gerrina said...

As you know I love working with stencils and these look great on your beautiful cards! The one with only thye stencil is so beautiful! Hope you find time to enjoy the summer... Hugs, Gerrina

Lindeke said...

Wow, this is gorgeous Shirley! Oh, I love the green card! Thanks for the info! gr, Linda

Pat said...

Shirley, I feel mortified, you just sent me a lovely comment and I managed to hit the wrong button and deleted it by mistake! You probably wouldn't notice but if you did see it wasn't there I thought you might wonder why. I have never done that before! Anyway, have a lovely day. x

Greta said...

My jaw is on the floor, Shirley! Gorgeous creations--love the stencils! I haven't tried using Gesso with a stencil--thanks for the inspiration!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic pieces again. I always love your colors.

maria's knutselplezier said...

These are really beautiful samples with really beautifull stamps, ypu are very lucky to be in the best designer teams both for CB and Ryn, injoy your work I love it!!

Greetings
Maria

Shirley said...

Absolutely delightful Shirley your backgrounds are always so amazing.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.