Thursday, November 06, 2014

Amazing Trickling Water and Hanging Droplets

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well.

I have a design today for Designs by Ryn using her new amazing Hanging Droplets Set and Trickling Water Set 2 stamps. I also experimented with Kristal Gel by Viva and Ryn's Floral Spiral stencil.  Ryn has a talent for capturing the 3D look in her original, unique and hand-drawn water effects stamps.  See more water designs here in her Texture stamps section.


To create the background I started by using Peacock Feathers Distress Ink with water and an acrylic block.   Next I added circles using the same Distress Ink and TCW Circles Explosion stencil.

I used Kristal Gel medium (by Viva) over Ryn's Floral Spiral stencil, when it was dry I sprayed Midnight Dylusions ink, spritzed water and let it run.  After drying again I stamped the large stamp from Trickling Water Set 2 and small stamp from Hanging Droplets Set with cobalt Archival ink.  I blended Sapphire DI over top here & there with a lettering stencil.   I painted the water images a little with Distress Inks, water and a brush (using my craft mat) and highlighted with a white pen.  Update:  I did not use Gel on the water droplets, the images are amazing, seriously :)

Tuski the Moth was painted with Tombow markers, cut out and popped up. I added lots of glitter to her (him?).  You can see the glitter gel below, it acted as a resist to the spray ink.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day,
Shirley x

22 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, and love those new hanging droplets - I think I need that stamp! Hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

Wonderful use of the stamp Shirley and terrific background colours to show them off.

Love Chrissie x

Astrid Maclean said...

Wow, those water droplets just look so real, and the background you made to set them of looks fantastic!

Sophie said...

Boah, Shirley, was für ein effektvoller Hintergrund?!
Dann die Wassertropfen - wie echt...
Und der schöne Schmetterling.
Eine wundervolle Arbeit.

Umarmung von Sophie

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning card, adore the colours. Great background.

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

That gel looks amazing Shirley...and so does your card...great use of the stencil and stamps of Ryn!
Wish you all the best, Alie :-)

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow, stunning card Shirley. Beautiful colours and the Kystel Gel seems to make the water droplets look a little wetter.

Sue xx

Karin said...

Wow schitterend Shirley, mooie achtergrond en inderdaad erg leuk die kristal gel!
een gezellige dag verder!
Groetjes karin x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Sue, I did not use Gel on the water droplets, the are amazing ! xx

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Wonderful stamps, stencil and color combination.
Hope you have a nice day,
big hugs Anja

Ryn Tanaka said...

Thanks so much for the kind words about the designs! I'm so happy you're enjoying them :D Great use of the crystal gel with the stencil. I really like how you can see the background pattern through it. Also am really liking the colour that you added to the drops. The colour palette in this and sparkles on Tsuki give this card a magical feel. Stunning art!

froebelsternchen said...

Absolutely AMAZING Shirley..a masterpiece!

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow Shirley , what a beautifull card again, and those stamps of Ryn look so real, great artsy creation, and I really want those drops!!!!!

Greetings
Maria

Miranda said...

Hi teamie, such a gorgeous card using these new droplets! They are so real and beautiful mmmm? We are so lucky to have such a talented designer of the stamps! Ryn, you did such a great job.....and Shirley you've made them look even more beautiful, xxMiranda

Ina G said...

You sure have a way with mixed media and this one is beautiful. Love all the different elements you added for such a colourful finish.

Pat said...

What a beautiful card Shirley and Ryn's stamps are gorgeous especially all the different varieties of water drops which are so realistic. The stencilling works well in the background too and that moth is a wonderful colour. I hope you are doing well and have a great weekend. x

Shona said...

It is so hard to believe that those aren't real drops of water. I would have a much easier time believing that they are real. (Are you pulling our leg?!) Your card is so beautiful, I love it when you use Ryn's products, the results are always stunning!

~*~Patty S said...

The colors and dimension of your moth card are WOWEE gorgeous Shirley!
Wishing you and yours a lovely weekend.
oxo

Shona said...

Hi Shirley,
I'm looking into it for you.Will let you know when i hear anything.

Greta said...

Oh how artistic & beautiful!

Darnell said...

Breathtaking as always, Shirley! You are the best at using Ryn's delightful design images!! Hugs, Darnell

bluedory said...

Wow Shirley such a beautiful card! I am delighted to have found Ryn's products and I am waiting for the arrival of an order. Love your use of color.The great backgrounds you make are a new idea for me so I really am not sure how to proceed. Sharon